The Life Practice Model: a real life example

The Life Practice Model: a real life example video is a great example of how students can benefit from project based learning. More public schools should be project based; this shouldn't be just a charter school way of learning. Every school should have technology at kids fingertips, but they don't. Students still visit the computer lab. Why? Students shouldn't have to leave there desk to visit the computer lab; this is technology that should be sitting at their desk. Public school is too concerned with test scores.

My son is only in kindergarten and already his teachers suspect he is gifted. He clearly isn't being challenged in the environment he is in. I have considered sending him to a Charter school. I have little knowledge on Charter schools and was unsure how they compared to public schools and because of this i choose to keep him in public schools.

After seeing this video I have decided to investigate charter schools a little more. A charter school just might be the answer to my frustration with the public school system. I like how excited Colby sounded in this video; he clearly loved his school and loved learning. Colby wasn't bored at the charter school and my son is bored at the public school.    

• .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30