Innovative Learning

In The Life Practice Model: a real life example, we were introduced to a student that was placed into an alternative charter school. I think that this change was just what this student needed to be successful in school. Gifted and talented students often have problems with bullying and being accepted just as the video suggests, and for this student to be able to attend a school that better fits his needs is great.

I think what I took away most from this video is remembering that every student is an individual. Each student has different needs and some of these needs may not be fulfilled from the traditonal setting. This student was able to have many resources that he would not have otherwise from the traditional public school and was challenged in ways that he had not been before.

From Colby's story, we are able to see that not every student needs to have the traditional public school setting to be successful. Sometimes we think of public school as being the most obvious way of schooling for kids, but it definitely is not. Through the Turning Point Learning Center, Colby was provided a priceless education that will help him achieve his goals for the future.

on  December 12, 2010  at  9:48 PM

Yes, I agree it's important to remember the "one size fits all" mode of many public schools doesn't fit everyone. Glad you enjoyed Colby's preso.

• .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30