Smaller Classrooms with Personal Computers

I enjoyed learning about a different type of school in The Life Practice Model: a real life example. Colby was in 5th grade when he decided to leave his traditional school and attend Turning Point Learning Center and received his very own laptop. There were only 14 people in his class so they were able to do more hands on activity's and bond with each other. Colby loved his school instead of the typical traditional school. I thought that it was really neat that they has their own garden.

Colby feels that he benefited greatly from going to Turning Point Learning Center.The project based learning was more hands on because there were not as many students at his school. The teachers got to learn the students on a more personal level as well. Colby felt that he was able to access more resources online then from an old textbook.

I feel that Turning Point Learning Center is only good for a certain amount of students. It sounds like a great place for students who are interested in technology and small classes. Personally though I enjoyed going to a 5A school that was traditional. The perfect amount for me would be a traditional classroom setting with a personal laptop to use as well. 

Scratch for Kids

I thought that Teaching Kids to Learn Using Scratch was an interesting video. 

One of the main things that I love about Scratch is that any age group can use it. It is able to be simple and complex for who ever wants to use it. The software is easy to learn for children and adults. I liked watching this because it walked you through how to use Scratch and how students could use it to benefit themselves. 

Students would be interested in Scratch because it is software that is fun to use but you are actually learning. There is so much more math in it then you realize. So the students are doing math while having fun. It would especially be great for students who are struggling with math. 

This is an amazing program especially since its free. This video was very helpful on teaching the basics of Scratch and all the possibilities. 

How to Add a Playlist on iTunes

I decided to show How to Add a Playlist on iTunes for my screen casting project. 

I thought that screen casting was going to be so much more difficult than it was. I am so impressed with myself that I was actually able to do it. I have heard of Kahn academy before and loved learning why Kahn uses screen casting instead of adding his face to the video. It makes sense that people are able to learn more from screen casting. I have been to Youtube multiple times in order to learn something through screen casting. 

I thought that I would never get a Twitter and now that I had to make one for CiC I still am not going to use it. It had a use for being able to access screenr but I honestly do not understand twitter at all. I am happy that I was able to use it enough for this project though! There are so many programs that are free to use that I am not aware of and im glad that I found out about screenr, maybe I will keep my twitter around just so I am able to use screenr. 

This was a neat project to do because now I can officially say that I have made a screen cast before. I can't wait to see the screen cast that my classmates make. It's a great way to learn how to do something new. I am going to create screen casts in the future when I need to teach my students how to do something on the computer. It's an easy way to show them exactly what they need to do and how. I am so excited that I am able to screen cast now!  

Scratch Project

I chose to do the 3 different and creative projects. I thought that it was very simple to upload my 3 videos my profile on the scratch website. 

My favorite video that I made was the snowman and the sun scratch video. 

Scratch Project

I learned a lot about scratch by just clicking around and trying new things. I liked how no one really new what they were doing when they began but we were all able to teach ourselves how to use scratch. I can understand how scratch can be beneficial to teachers because it is easy to teach children to use. The scratch website flows very smoothly. I thought it was great the way you just clicked share and added your work to your profile online.

While trying many things out on scratch I found that stuff really clicked when classmates showed what they learned in class. I was able to look at scratch a different way when my classmates were telling us what they learned. To be honest I learned just as much through hours of clicking, messing up, and figuring out what I did wrong and right. I felt that I was not doing an assignment but just playing for fun. My nephew saw what I was doing and made me show him over and over again. He loved the scripts and kept asking questions on why they were moving and he is only three years old. 

When I was working on my scratch assignment at home my older brother Dan (23) asked what I was doing and downloaded Scratch onto his computer and thought it was very neat. I told him what I had learned so far and he made a neat sprite that looked just like Dirk Nowitzki and now he is excited for all the things that he can create. He is still working on a scratch project just for fun. 

I think that Scratch is a wonderful program that I enjoy using. It will be great to us in the classroom with my students one day and to use at home for fun. I am grateful that it is free to make a profile online and that you can download the program for free. This was a great project and I enjoyed doing it.

Making literature classes more interesting

I thought that The Heroic Journey Project was an interesting way of telling the students what they needed to do and how to do their assignments. It was neat that they were able to create the presentation at toondoo.com. I remember doing The Odyssey in high school and I think that if it was presented to me in this manner I would have enjoyed it more. Google maps makes it fun, creative, and original for the students to map out where their monsters are. This was very neat video to watch. 

« May 2017 »
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • .
  • .
  • .