Smaller Classrooms with Personal Computers

I enjoyed learning about a different type of school in The Life Practice Model: a real life example. Colby was in 5th grade when he decided to leave his traditional school and attend Turning Point Learning Center and received his very own laptop. There were only 14 people in his class so they were able to do more hands on activity's and bond with each other. Colby loved his school instead of the typical traditional school. I thought that it was really neat that they has their own garden.

Colby feels that he benefited greatly from going to Turning Point Learning Center.The project based learning was more hands on because there were not as many students at his school. The teachers got to learn the students on a more personal level as well. Colby felt that he was able to access more resources online then from an old textbook.

I feel that Turning Point Learning Center is only good for a certain amount of students. It sounds like a great place for students who are interested in technology and small classes. Personally though I enjoyed going to a 5A school that was traditional. The perfect amount for me would be a traditional classroom setting with a personal laptop to use as well. 

egg incubator
on  February 13, 2011  at  10:46 AM

It's good to share things which we know well about. It's a valuable blog keep it update with new things.
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30