The Life Practice Model

The Life Practice Model was a great example of schools soaring beyond expectations and meeting the needs of students who want and desire more from learning.  I think it was so smart of Caleb's mom to put him in the Turning Point Learning Center school, because he wasn't receiving the type of education he deserved at his other school. 

I think one of my favorite parts about the video was that each year, Caleb grew so much in his learning experience.  He said in the beginning of the video that when he had started out there in 5th grade, he wasn't up to par with his literacy skills and knew a lot about computers, but I feel like by the end of his term at the school, in 8th grade, he had learned so much in both areas.  Since it was also such a small group of kids in each grade, the children were able to learn from each other and help those around them.

I thought it was so neat that two 6th grade students made the medieval castle.  When I saw that they had created that and knew what they were doing, I was in shock.  It's so important that teachers are giving students the chance to do more hands-on and creative projects, not just worksheets and tests all the time.  Students enjoy working on stuff like the examples given in the video, instead of sitting at their desks all day.

• .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • .
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30